Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas Magic

I love decorating for Christmas!  Every year I add a few new pieces to my stash of Christmas stuff and it is so fun to pull it all out each November.   Last year was the first Christmas in this house and since I painted our dining room a beautiful peacock blue I decided to really glam up that room for Christmas.  It is not my traditional lime green and red color scheme that I use all over the rest of the house.  I used turquoise and gold and silver to dress it up.  I love how sparkly everything is and how beautiful it looks at night.  My favorite Nativity set goes in the center of my dining table and I created a sweet little vignette to go around it. 



In my glass hurricane containers I used vintage glass ornaments and a few snowflakes.  The ornaments were given to me from a sweet friend of mine.  They belonged to her grandmother and she didn't want them.  Lucky me that she's not into vintage decorations!  They are gorgeous with my blue walls and my turquoise metallic tray that I got last year at Target the day after Christmas. 

 
 
I love how Mary is holding her heart as she looks at her newborn baby, Jesus.  I can't imagine what was going through her mind that day but I can imagine just how much love she felt for Him.
 
    
I used a few other turquoise accent pieces down the center of my table.  I picked up th
is little glass tree last year at Target, too.  The gold reindeer is an old piece I've had and I have used him throughout the years with different colored ribbons adorning his neck.  He looks so pretty with his turquoise ribbon this year. 
 
 
 

I have had this gold wire angel candle holder forever.  It comes out every year and probably always will.  I love it!  Candles are always a part of my Christmas decorating and add a touch of magic to my dining table.  It's always a special treat when all the candles are lit. 

So that is what my Christmas decor looks like on my dining table this year.  It's especially beautiful with all the shiny gold and white candles lighting the whole vignette.  I love how it turned out and can't wait to start having magical candlelit dinners in here!  I'm linking up to Rhoda's vignette party.





No comments:

Post a Comment